Cub Kitchen is a cooking blog where Bjorn R-G makes some of his favorite recipes, so easy he can do them in his Bear Skn underwear. Bjorn is not a professional chef, but he enjoys cooking and can get pretty creative in the kitchen. Join Bjorn each week for a fun new recipe.
Special Thanks to my friends at Bear Skn for sponsoring the show. Grab your Bamboo Backwood Boxer Briefs soon. Super comfortable for working in the kitchen.
Salted Toffee Cookies
What you need:
- Large and Medium mixing bowl (or an electric mixer)
- Parchment paper.
- Cookie sheets.
- 2 cups all purpose flour.
- ½ tsp salt.
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon.
- ¼ tsp ground ginger.
- 2 tsp baking soda.
- 6 oz unsalted butter (1.5 sticks) at room temperature.
- 1-1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- ½ cup toffee bits.
- Coarse sea salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. (flour, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and baking soda). Wisk these together until fully mixed.
- In a large mixing bowl fluff unsalted butter. (or beat in electric mixer) Add brown sugar and continue to fluff. Blend in egg and vanilla extract. Continue to mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Do half or a quarter at a time. Mix together until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Fold in toffee bits. Getting the bits evenly distributed into the dough.
- Cover and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Cover your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop chilled dough and roll into 3 inch balls. Then using your fingers pull the balls apart and place them on baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle each with a lite amount of coarse sea salt.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. They should puff up a little.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for about 10 minutes and allow to flatten, then enjoy the salty sweet goodness!