Cub Kitchen is a cooking blog where Bjorn R-G makes some of his favorite recipes, so easy he can do them in his Bear Skn underwear. Bjorn is not a professional chef, but he enjoys cooking and can get pretty creative in the kitchen. Join Bjorn each week for a fun new recipe.
Special Thanks to my friends at Bear Skn for sponsoring the show. Grab your Bamboo Standard Issue Boxer Briefs now. Super comfortable for working in the kitchen.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
What you need:
- 3 medium size mixing bowls (one microwave safe).
- Mixer (optional).
- If no mixer you need 1 large mixing bowl.
- Oven (not optional).
- Sheet pans.
- Parchment paper.
- Small ice cream scoop
- 2 cups all purpose flour.
- ½ cup coca powder.
- 2 tsp baking powder.
- ½ tsp salt.
- 16 oz (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate.
- 4 large eggs.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 2 tsp instant coffee crystals.
- 10 oz or 1-1/4 sticks unsalted butter at room temp.
- 1 ½ packed cups brown sugar.
- ½ cup white sugar.
- 1 cup white chocolate chips.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, ½ cup coca powder, and 2 tsp baking powder (dry ingredients) then set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt 16 oz (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, and continue until all chocolate is melted smooth, then set this aside.
- In a medium to small mixing bowl, beat 4 eggs. Add 2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsp instant coffee crystals. Continue until crystals have completely absorbed.
- In large mixing bowl (or mixer) beat 10 oz room temperature unsalted butter. Add 1½ packed cups brown sugar and ½ cup white sugar, continue to mix until combined. Add in egg mixture and continue to mix until smooth.
- While continuously mixing slowly add dry ingredients. Add about a cup or two at a time, this way it thickens slowly. Once you can no longer see any dry ingredients, fold in 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use ice cream scoop to portion out dough. On a cookie sheet with parchment paper, place each cookie about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a plate or cookie rack and don’t eat them all in one place!
*This recipe yields about 2 dozen cookies.